Parent volunteers help us create a musical play space out of recycled materials!
This 2017 improvement project adds to our natural playground by providing children an area dedicated to the joys of music! Using recycled materials, we craft an artfully-enticing wall of instruments and sounds. Children are able to experiment with an assortment of sounds. The finished wall includes drums, xylophone, wind chimes, and a scratcher.
Help Us Create Music!
We are using a variety of easy-to-find materials that will not only withstand our island environment, they will allow our children to bang, create tunes, and experiment with sound!
Here’s what we need:
- Bottle caps (plastic and metal)
- 3 Gallon Bucket (sturdy plastic)
- 1 Gallon Bucket (sturdy plastic)
- Old Keys (any shape or size will do)
- Wooden or Bamboo Spoons (the serving kind)
- Stainless Steel Spoons and Forks
- Bamboo Pieces
- Ventilation Tubing (about 3-4 feet)
- PVC 1-inch, 2-inch, 3-inch, and 4-inch.
- Spray Paint w Rustoleum in Bright, Vibrant Colors
And of course…
- Help Building!