Greetings SCM Families!
I trust this finds you all well and having a wonderful summer.
We are excited to see everyone on August 26 for Orientation and welcome the new families joining St. Croix Montessori.
St. Croix Montessori’s Summer Enrichment program was packed – children experienced the joys of hands-on learning in the Caribbean. Many of the highlights of this summer – percussion, capoeira, bush skills, story telling, clay work, painting, yoga, and science experiments – will continue throughout our school year.
Personally, I was reminded of my love for teaching and the thrill of engaging young children in self-discovery. It was invigorating – and I’m also ready to hand the classrooms back to our experienced Montessorians!
Our motto for this coming year is “Act with Intention”
Keep our mission at the heart of what we do and how we behave. We have several key areas for potential growth – each focused on ensuring our children receive Education for Life. This includes:
- Inspiring students to be self-motivated, critical thinkers, and strengthening their Emotional Intelligence
- Strengthening our Spanish curriculum and the integration of Caribbean culture and history into our education
- Developing a roadmap for sustainable growth of Montessori education on St. Croix and addressing critical infrastructure needs for our school
- Enhancing our community partnerships in order to support our students’ skill development as well as foster professional development opportunities for our SCM team
- Building relationships that engage and support families in their learning journey
These are ambitious but worthwhile goals.
As I said last year, “I rather have ambitious goals, then deliver ‘just enough’. Our children are our future and thus deserve our commitment to create a learning culture.”
We are on this journey together, and it will take many more conversations, actions, and reflections in order to make lasting change.
With your continued participation in parent/teacher meetings, school activities, and by learning about the Montessori philosophy, we can prepare our children for the future. It may take time and effort to build a strong relationship, but the rewards are innumerable. It supports your child’s success and that of St. Croix Montessori. Please consider becoming involved in our Parent Advisory Board or volunteering to support the Taste of India or Parent Breakfasts. We always welcome parents to share their skills in the classroom or at the school. Together, we strengthen our Montessori community.
Here’s to the year ahead!
Categories: School Blog