FAMILY POTLUCK BREAKFAST
- Next Friday, January 26th from 7:15 AM – 9 AM we will be having our first family potluck breakfast for the year!
- We will be discussing the plans for the Playground Project that will be launched on March 7th – 11th. Instead of our Annual Indian Dinner this year, we will be focusing on building our new playground.
CHESS CLUB RESUMES
- Mr. Andy is delighted to continue the Chess Club.
- Chess Club resumes on January 30th from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- No charge this semester!!!
THE CALICO CAT COMPANY
- Classes begin on Wednesday, January 17th
- Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:45 PM until 5:15 PM
- Pick up registration form in the office
- Call (340) 643 – 2897 for further information
SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON
- On January 31st, 2018, the moon is going to do something it has not done in over 150 years.
- SUPERMOON: The moon will appear brighter and closer than usual.
- BLUE MOON: It will be the second full moon in one calendar month.
- BLOOD MOON: This marks a lunar eclipse.
- For further information, please click on the following link and discuss with your child(ren): http://awarenessact.com/supermoon-2018-breaking-down-the-full-moon-trifecta/
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS
The ROSEWAY is back on St. Croix and the children are excited to participate! The Roseway is an educational schooner part of the World Ocean School. It travels to St. Croix every winter. The students learn about life aboard the sailing vessel, nautical science and skills, and have fun!
- The field trip will be held on Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 from 12:30pm to 3:30pm.
- Permission slips and media waivers are available in the office (see email as well)
- FORMS DEADLINE – complete the forms by Tuesday, January 22nd, 2018. Students without a permission slip cannot attend!
- CHAPERONES – Parent chaperones are invited. We ask that chaperones contribute towards their own cost of attending by providing the school $20.
- STUDENT PICKUP will be at Gallows Bay Dock at 3:30pm (across from St. Croix Marine and No Bones Restaurant)
THE FIELD TRIP IS FREE FOR STUDENTS!!!
**Please speak with Kristina if you need alternate arrangements.
BOARD THE ROSEWAY FOR A SUNSET SAIL
- Parents who are interested in the Sunset Sailing can sign up at:
- The Sunset Sailing event is NOT FREE, but it is recommended experience for all families. You help sail out of Gallows Bay, experience the sea at sunset. You’re allowed to bring snacks and water; these items are also sold on board (Rum Punch available for 18+).