Welcome back! I hope you all enjoyed a restful President’s Day Weekend.
Notes From The Head of School: AMI CONFERENCE
For the first time, nearly all of St. Croix Montessori’s teachers and administrative team attended the AMI annual conference and refresher course. It was an intense, fulfilling 5 days in Phoenix. We attended with 1200 other Montessori teachers, administrators, assistants, trainers, consultants, and community partners from across the U.S. – the largest conference in the history of AMI!
One thing that resonated with me throughout the conference: We are not alone. Our school represents a leading edge approach to education – yet our philosophy has existed for over 100 years.
And our mission – to create a child-centered community, to assist our families in growing, to enrich our spirits, minds and bodies, and ensure access to quality education on St. Croix – is more important than ever.
There is so much that our small school is doing well. It begins with our child-centered philosophy, and extends to our commitment to community, nature, and a lifelong love of learning. It’s how we live. You see this in the structure of our classrooms, in which students are responsible and self-directed, and in how your children engage you in helping them problem solve and experience the world.
In that spirit, I look forward to sharing with you over the coming months some of what we learned and seeing our school benefit from a renewed commitment to our mission.
Play By Design PLAYGROUND PROJECT
We are the first school in the Caribbean to do this!
Enormous thanks to our project lead Christina McPherson and her playground committee Cassandra King, Gigi Evora, and Jessie Huddleston. We are close to our volunteer build and there is much to organize.
- REMINDER – Construction dates are March 7-11.
- VOLUNTEER SHIFTS are for 4 hours, starting at 8AM and going until 8PM. Childcare and food is provided by volunteers.
- We need a minimum of 20 volunteers to help build. Also seeking specialized volunteers to help with check-in table, childcare, food, and overseeing tool distribution/collection.
- Please sign-up for at least 2 volunteer shifts! We especially need to make sure Wednesday and Thursday are filled.
- To sign-up: https://stcroixmontessori.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0bb7bb9e300142fcc774e1ccb&id=8cd4ab4af6&e=c6da90fa0b
SAVE THE DATE: Elementary Parent Education Night – Tuesday, February 27th
Categories: School Blog