We Are Almost There!
An enormous thank you goes out to our playground project lead Christina McPherson and her playground committee members, Cassandra King, Gigi Evora, and Jessie Huddleston.
We are 6 days out from our volunteer build and there is much to complete before Play by Design’s playground engineers arrive.
- Reminder – construction dates are March 7-11.
- VOLUNTEER SHIFTS are for 4 hours, starting at 8AM and going until 8PM. Childcare and food is provided by volunteers
- SHIFT TIMES:
- 1st shift: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00pm– 12:30pm
- 2nd shift: 12:30pm– 4:30pm
- Dinner: 4:30pm – 5:00pm
- 3rd shift: 5:00pm – 8:30pm
- We need a minimum of 20 volunteers to help build. We are also seeking specialized volunteers to help with check-in table, childcare, food, and overseeing tool distribution/collection.
- Please sign-up for at least 2 volunteer shifts! We especially need to make sure Wednesday and Thursday are filled.
- To sign-up: https://stcroixmontessori.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0bb7bb9e300142fcc774e1ccb&id=8cd4ab4af6&e=c6da90fa0b
TOOLS & SUPPLIES NEEDED
Please help us by loaning tools, bits, and supplies. This helps us keep construction costs to a minimum. Also – we do a safety check on all tools, label what you loan us, and return them to you with new blades/bits!
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES NEEDED:
- large and medium sized stones/rocks (to create our natural stone walkway up the hill)
All tools and supplies should be delivered to campus by March 3
FOOD SITE-COORDINATORS, FOOD DONATION & SUPPLIES NEEDED
We are feeding the volunteers and we are providing them with water, tea, and coffee. Please help food coordinator Cassandra King (email@example.com/340.277.5292) by contributing and volunteering your time and services.
- Be a food site-coordinator
- Prepare a meal
- Prepare the food area
- Help serve, set-up and clean-up food site
- Donate a meal
- Make a monetary donation
- 6 bags of apples
- 6 bags of grapes
- 6 bags of oranges
- 6 large bags baby carrot sticks
- 50 pieces of bananas
- 3 boxes of cereal bars
- 3 boxes of granola bars
- 3 bags of Pretzels
- 3 jars of animal crackers
- Johnny cakes (about 60-80 pieces)
- Assorted breakfast pastries (croissants, danish, buns, etc.)
- Potato and Assorted Chips
- Cole Slaw
- Macaroni salad
- Green Salad
Sign-up sheet in the office today!