During National Hispanic Heritage Month we recognize the contributions made and the important presence of Hispanic and Latino Americans to the United States and celebrate their heritage and culture. Hispanics have had a profound and positive influence on our country through their strong commitment to family, faith, hard work, and service. They have enhanced and shaped our national character with centuries-old traditions that reflect the multiethnic and multicultural customs of their community.
During the month of October
The children participate in activities to learn about the history of Hispanic Heritage, our neighboring island Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Central and South America.
Monday, October 8
Puerto Rico-Virgin Islands Friendship Day is observed
Friday, October 12
- Mrs. Domitila and Mrs. Nilsa Saldana, members of the Virgin Islands Puerto Rican (VIPR) Friendship Committee will do a presentation, dance, and facilitate a conversation with the students on VI & PR Friendship Day.
- POTLUCK: see menu below
- Arroz con gandules| Veggie Seasoned Rice
- Arroz blanco| White Rice
- Habichuelas guisadas |Veggie Beans
- Domplines | Johnny cakes
- Ensalada verde | Green Salad
- Pollo asado | Roasted Chicken
- Pernil asado | Roasted Pork
- Platanos | Plantains Tostones
- Postre | Dessert: Flan
- Tropical Juice
Thank you to those who contributed to the menu!
Thank you Ms. Sybel!
For helping our school take part in this celebration of friendship between our Caribbean islands!