MONTESSORI SUBSTITUTE GUIDE ASSISTANT
Following the philosophy of Maria Montessori, the St. Croix Montessori School provides an environment where children feel emotionally and physically safe, are valued, learn to concentrate, work and think independently so that they can contribute to the world in innovative and meaningful ways. The Montessori Lead Teachers work as guides to individual learning, and Teacher Assistants support the Lead Teacher to maintain an orderly, attractive, and joyful environment. The Substitute Teacher will support the Lead Teacher or Assistant by following directions in observing, supervising, or helping students. An applicant with good communication skills and a calm demeanor is best suited for this position.
Hours: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm with thirty minute break. Compensation: $75.00 per day
Assist in Maintaining the Prepared Environment As Directed by the Lead Teacher or Assistant
- help to maintain an organized and peaceful environment for children.
- assist in preparation of materials
Assist in Working with Children As Directed by the Lead Teacher or Assistant
- supervise classroom to protect the peace and privacy of the children at work.
- provide support to students individually or in small groups.
- demonstrate positive discipline in accordance with the Montessori Decalogue
Assist in Observation and Record Keeping As Directed by the Lead Teacher or Assistant
- share questions and observations with Lead Teacher Guide or Assistant
- assist in taking morning attendance
Experienced or Qualified Montessori Guides or Assistants may be given other duties.
- experience working with children in developmentally appropriate range
- qualifications required by USVI Department of Human Services: clear (or negative) TB, Food Handlers Card, Criminal background check
TO APPLY: Please complete the St. Croix Montessori Employment Application, send cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org