To provide a comprehensive Montessori program accessible to children in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands from ages 3 to 12.
Following the philosophy of Maria Montessori, we provide an environment where children feel emotionally and physically safe, are valued, grow and learn to their maximum potential, think independently, and contribute to the world and society in innovative and meaningful ways.
St. Croix Montessori is a 501(c)(3) non-profit school that provides an education to the children of St. Croix following the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori and the guidelines of the International Montessori Council. Our program is intended to facilitate a child-centered growth and learning process. We are guided by the following goals:
- Maintain a strong educational program for children between the ages of 3 years to 12 years old based on the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum that adheres to the highest standards of Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), Association of Montessori Society (AMS), and International Montessori Council (IMC) thus giving the child a solid basis of education to support his/her learning and individual growth.
- Create and maintain partnerships with the community and parents to ensure the success of the program and the full development of the child.
- Implement a child-centered program where children learn to concentrate and work independently so they develop a sense of their place in the world and their responsibility to others.
- Encourage and stimulate that child’s curiosity to learn so that he or she will develop self-discipline, creativity, independence and a lifelong love of learning.
- Recognize that it is a child’s natural tendency to want to learn and grow, regardless of that child’s race, color, creed or economic background.